Fight Human Trafficking!
“You may choose to look the other way, but you can never say again that you did not know.” – William Wilberforce
i-SAFE’s i-DRIVE is an outreach and empowerment program, where students have the power to raise awareness of social issues in their online and offline communities. While students must be over the age of 13 to participate in i-Drive social media campaigns, those under the age of 13 can promote awareness of this important issue with the support of teachers and parents. You can encourage students in grades 8-12 to join the i-Drive Movement to affect real change in the world. Students over age 13 can register as i-DRiVE Change Agents at www.idrivetvonline.com.
What you can do:
• The first step in action is awareness! Break the silence!
• Create an image or poster including a fact or statistic on human trafficking.
• Share your post on Facebook or Twitter and include the hashtags #StopHumanTrafficking, #iSAFE.
Resources you can use:
• If you think a youth may be a victim of trafficking, or if you suspect trafficking, call your local police department or call the National Human Trafficking Resource Center at 1-888-373-7888. Or submit your tip online to www.traffickingresourcecenter.org.
• Download the U.S. Dept. of Education Human Trafficking Fact Sheet for Schools – http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/oese/oshs/tipfactsheet91913.pdf
• Download the handbook on Human Trafficking in Americas Schools – http://safesupportivelearning.ed.gov/sites/default/files/HumanTraffickinginAmericasSchools.pdf